POEM: crying blue

7/26/2005 11:26:00 PM dru


(26 May 1995)

baby blue cried,
her eyes filled with wine
her arms throbbed
                        ached
and sputtered through the air--

baby blue cried on my shoulder
having seen something just past
my pillow
and my body
within
        and now nothing...

standing here with her
finally at another end--
through pages--the painting of the book
as my heart has grown cold
                            old
fingers growing dry and brittle
tired like the woman who
                    sits
in old wooden rocking chairs--
waiting        alone

oh god, baby blue, don't cry now
not now--            not now...

i have seen the writings on the pages
without pictures,
        or a picture
out of order,
without color--

baby blue
my friend--
cried still alone on the porch--
                    and never came home.

                                - klaus andrews

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I encourage feedback, as we all can benefit of listening to the spirit within us all.

Flickr Images

Contact Form